Please Note: This method only applies to older projects (mid 2017 and older). For creating a new project, or uploading sheets to an existing newer project, click here.
Uploading Revisions to an Existing Project
• Uploading from a Computer or Connecting to Cloud Storage
• Publishing your Sheets and Staging Area
• Verifying Sheet Numbers
• Rotating Sheets
• Naming The Version
Uploading revisions to an Existing Project
1. Click on the project and then click the green 'Upload Sheets' button.
4. From the Upload Screen, you can browse your computer, upload from the cloud, or drag and drop files.
5. Select files from your computer or your preferred cloud storage system. For more information about how to connect to your cloud, click here.
6. We’ll process your files, then email you when they're ready to publish. This processing could take some time, depending on the size of the file and number of sheets, so feel free to close the browser or navigate to other areas of the application.
7. If you choose to wait until the sheets finish processing, you'll be taken to the staging area to verify that your sheets are numbered, rotated and versioned correctly.
8. You can also access the publish log from the main sheets tab of the project, so you can navigate away during the processing and publish your sheets at any time.
9. Verify we numbered your sheets correctly (Auto-detect is always selected by default), and add a sheet title if needed. You can also number your sheets yourself by typing them in manually within the boxed field below. Keep in mind that if your set has 2 or more sheets with the same number, publishing won't be allowed. All sheet numbers must be unique in order to publish a set of sheets. Note: You can use other sheet naming methods displayed here.
10. You can rotate your sheets by clicking on "Rotate".
11. When prompted to add a version name, click typing into the field to view a list of suggested version names, or type a completely new one. To add sheets to an existing version, choose one of the versions in the drop down menu. To replace existing sheets with a new version, enter a new version name for your uploaded sheets. For more information about version names, go here.
Keep in mind that you should upload all of your plans (architectural, electrical, etc) together, and you can use project tags to sort them later (or check in the option for automatic tagging). Once your sheets are published, they'll be ready to download and view on your mobile device.
NOTE: The publish button won't be clickable until you have typed in a name for your version.
Accessing the Publish Log and Staging Area
1. To publish your sheets, click on the Publish Log button on the sheets icon of your project.
2. Here you will see all of your past uploads.
3. Select ‘Publish Your Sheets’ to verify your sheets and publish them to PlanGrid. Or you can select ‘Import New Drawings’ to upload more sheets.
After clicking “Publish your sheets” you are taken to the staging area to verify that your sheets are numbered and versioned correctly.
The Staging Area and Making Changes
When you upload a sheet, GridBot automatically scans your sheets for the sheet numbers, titles, detail call-outs and rotation. The staging area lets you double-check that work before making the sheets available to your team.
Note: Please be sure that all the sheets within the set have a unique sheet number, because if 2 or more sheets carry the same sheet number (even for previous uploads for the same set), the set won't be allowed to publish. If your upload has 2 or more duplicate sheet numbers, you'll see an error message, and the duplicate sheet number will be shown in red, like the example below.
Editing Individual Sheet Numbers and Titles
1. Select the sheet you want to change, then click the sheet number to edit. You can edit the number and add a sheet title.
Batch Editing Sheet Numbers
Some sheets will contain a suffix or prefix in the title block which may not be included in the sheet number when referenced in detail callouts, causing the callouts to not hyperlink automatically. To remedy this, use our batch editing feature to remove the prefix or suffix before publishing, which will allow PlanGrid to correctly hyperlink your callouts.
1. After uploading sheets, open your Publish Log.
2. From the Staging Area, click on the drop down menu next to "Number and Title by" to open the sheet numbering options, and select "Show batch options"
3. If you would like to only trim your sheet numbers' suffixes, click on "Remove version suffixes" and then click on "Trim characters from sheet numbers". If you would like to customize your sheet number trimming, click on "Custom trim options"
4. To customize your trim options, choose to edit from the left or the right of the sheet name, and the specific number of characters to remove. Once you're done, click on "Trim characters from sheet numbers".
Please note: You cannot add or replace characters, you can only remove up to 5 characters.
5. All sheet numbers in the upload group will update to reflect the batch changes.
Deleting and Rotating Sheets
1. Select the sheet in question, and click ‘Delete’ or ‘Rotate’.
Note: Rotating sheets can only be done within this staging area. Once published, they can no longer be rotated.
2. If you need to delete the whole set, you can select the option ‘Discard these sheets’ in the lower left corner of the Staging Area.
Managing Your Revisions
*** If your project was created on or after 11/29/16 (or if Slip-ins was manually enabled by PlanGrid Support), this feature has been disabled. There can only be one unique sheet number per version. This ensures your project team is always accessing/editing/sharing the correct sheet. To manage your versions post-publish, click here.
PlanGrid automatically detects new versions of sheets. You can change the versioning of the sheet by selecting ‘change’.
Here you can search for the preferred sheet for the new version to be leafed on to. For more information about how versioning works with PlanGrid, go here.