Please note: All projects will be moved over to the new sheet publishing flow as of December 1, 2017. We think you'll love the new flow - it allows you to publish sheets faster than ever before. You can rotate and delete multiple sheets at once, define multiple custom regions, apply tags in bulk, and more. See what's changed
Accessing the Publishing Log and Staging Area
• Editing Individual Sheet Numbers and Titles
• Batch Editing Sheet Numbers
• Deleting and Rotating Sheets
• Managing Revisions
Verify and Naming your Version
Once sheets are uploaded to our system you will need to verify them through the “Publishing” stage before they will be viewable in your project. You will verify the sheet numbers, orientations and versions, and then publish the sheets to your project.
Accessing the Publish Log and Staging Area
1. To publish your sheets, click on the Publish Log button on the sheets icon of your project.
2. Here you will see all of your past uploads.
3. Select ‘Publish Your Sheets’ to verify your sheets and publish them to PlanGrid. Or you can select ‘Import New Drawings’ to upload more sheets.
After clicking “Publish your sheets” you are taken to the staging area to verify that your sheets are numbered and versioned correctly.
The Staging Area and Making Changes
When you upload a sheet, GridBot automatically scans your sheets for the sheet numbers, titles, detail call-outs and rotation. The staging area lets you double-check that work before making the sheets available to your team.
Note: Please be sure that all the sheets within the set have a unique sheet number, because if 2 or more sheets carry the same sheet number (even for previous uploads for the same set), the set won't be allowed to publish. If your upload has 2 or more duplicate sheet numbers, you'll see an error message, and the duplicate sheet number will be shown in red, like the example below.
Editing Individual Sheet Numbers and Titles
1. Select the sheet you want to change, then click the sheet number to edit. You can edit the number and add a sheet title.
Batch Editing Sheet Numbers
Some sheets will contain a suffix or prefix in the title block which may not be included in the sheet number when referenced in detail callouts, causing the callouts to not hyperlink automatically. To remedy this, use our batch editing feature to remove the prefix or suffix before publishing, which will allow PlanGrid to correctly hyperlink your callouts.
1. After uploading sheets, open your Publish Log.
2. From the Staging Area, click on the drop down menu next to "Number and Title by" to open the sheet numbering options, and select "Show batch options"
3. If you would like to only trim your sheet numbers' suffixes, click on "Remove version suffixes" and then click on "Trim characters from sheet numbers". If you would like to customize your sheet number trimming, click on "Custom trim options"
4. To customize your trim options, choose to edit from the left or the right of the sheet name, and the specific number of characters to remove. Once you're done, click on "Trim characters from sheet numbers".
Please note: You cannot add or replace characters, you can only remove up to 5 characters.
5. All sheet numbers in the upload group will update to reflect the batch changes.
Deleting and Rotating Sheets
1. Select the sheet in question, and click ‘Delete’ or ‘Rotate’.
Note: Rotating sheets can only be done within this staging area. Once published, they can no longer be rotated.
2. If you need to delete the whole set, you can select the option ‘Discard these sheets’ in the lower left corner of the Staging Area.
Managing Your Revisions
*** If your project was created on or after 11/29/16 (or if Slip-ins was manually enabled by PlanGrid Support), this feature has been disabled. There can only be one unique sheet number per version. This ensures your project team is always accessing/editing/sharing the correct sheet. To manage your versions post-publish, click here.
PlanGrid automatically detects new versions of sheets. You can change the versioning of the sheet by selecting ‘change’.
Here you can search for the preferred sheet for the new version to be leafed on to. For more information about how versioning works with PlanGrid, go here.
Verify and Name the Version
Once you have confirmed that your sheets are named and leafing properly, you will need to give this set of sheets a unique name. Always give your new version a different name from older versions; if different versions have the same name, sheets will not be leafed properly.
1. To name the version, select the box next to the ‘publish sheets’ button, and enter your preferred title.
Should the version name be incorrect after publishing, you can change it using these steps here.
2. Once everything is verified and named correctly, click the "Publish Sheets" button next to your new version name.