With PlanGrid for iOS you can now compare your sheets by overlaying one over the other. This can be done with different versions of the same sheet, or two unrelated sheets, and allows you to easily see the changes and differences between the sheets. With our recent update, you can also manually align sheets that were issued with different margins / formatting.***
***The manual alignment feature does not work on iPhone 5c and below, iPad fourth generation and below, or iPad mini first generation.
Overlaying My Sheets
1. Open a sheet on the iOS app to view.
2. Tap the eye icon along the top of the sheet, and then choose "Compare Sheet".
3. Select the sheet and version you wish to overlay. To activate the search bar, begin scrolling through the list. You can then type in a sheet name to search.
4. To access an older version of a sheet in the list, simply tap the ">" next to the sheet name.
5. The sheets will be over-layed. To highlight the differences, one sheet will be highlighted in red, the other in blue.
6. To highlight one sheet (and turn off the color for the other), simply tap the preferred sheet's name in the list in the upper left corner. Tap the currently highlighted sheet's name again to re-enable highlight on both sheets.
7. To end sheet compare and remove the overlayed sheet, tap the "x" in the Comparing Sheets menu in the upper left corner. You will again be viewing the original sheet.
Aligning My Sheets
To manually align your sheets, click the Align Sheets button. This option appears once you've selected two sheets for comparison.
A circular window icon will appear over your sheet that allows you to focus in on a particular area and make alignment easier. Drag your finger over the screen to highlight a specific area - once your preferred area is in focus, click the blue check mark.
Next, click and drag on the screen to align your sheets. Properly aligned lines will appear black, and any lines that don't overlay exactly will appear either red or blue (which depicts an actual change in the drawings, or that your alignment can be more precise). Once the sheets are aligned to your preference, click Align.
Sheets are aligned
Sheets are not aligned
If you need to adjust your alignment, click the Reset Alignment button, then Align Sheets.