Now you can tell our OCR where to look for your sheet numbers and coming soon for sheet titles on your sheets! If your sheets weren’t correctly named when you uploaded them, or you don't have an index sheet for your sheet descriptions/titles, you can manually select the location from where you would like us to pull them.
1. Once you uploaded your sheets, verify that they were named correctly. If they weren’t, click on “Sheet numbering" and “Set a Region” on the upper right corner of the Staging Area:
2. You will then see a portion of one of your sheets. Find the sheet with the largest sheet number and sheet title in your upload, moving in between sheets with the arrows in the bottom right corner. Pan around it to find where the title block is, and click on the button on the upper right corner.
3. Draw a box around the sheet number or sheet title, make sure that the information type (Sheet number or Sheet title) and the orientation (horizontal or vertical) are correctly selected, and click on “Done”.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the Sheet number or Sheet title, depending on which one you have left to select:
5. Once both Sheet Number and Sheet Title are selected, click on "Apply to All"
6. Our OCR will process the title blocks you selected, and your sheets will reflect your selection.
- Please keep in mind that since your sheets are being reprocessed, you will experience additional process time. Depending on the number of sheets in your upload, this could take several minutes.
- Your selection applies to all sheets in the upload. If they have different styles of title boxes or varying lengths of text, one box may not fit them all.
- If there is extraneous text in the box, we might pick that up.
- If your box intersects a line in the title box, we may recognize that as an I or L.