- Sheets | OCR for INTL Languages: a new set of languages (Swedish, Danish, and Portuguese) are automatically recognized through our OCR (optical character recognition) technology. This improves accuracy by eliminating human errors and automating the process, saving time and allowing field teams to quickly extract value from their drawings.
- Change Collaboration Mode: templates can be edited to change the collaboration mode after the template has been created (previously only available at the time of creation) to single contributor, multiple contributors in sequence, or multiple contributors in parallel.
-Sheet ordering update: Disciplines can now include all characters (numbers, symbols, letters, etc) and can be deleted even if there are sheets assigned to the discipline. Sheets will now export in the custom sort order.
-Activity Log for Field Reports
-Remove History from RFI Exports
-Import Field Report Templates from existing projects
- Custom Sheet Ordering: create disciplines to match your sheet sections and arrange the disciplines in your chosen order
- Unique ID for field reports: each field report has its own unique ID number, making referencing and reporting on field reports easier
-Added OCR support for French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional) and Korean languages
-Introduced new ability to allow for Field Report draft coediting, allowing for multiple contributors to concurrently work on drafts of Field Reports. Creation and editing of templates also available on PlanWeb.
-PlanGrid now offers Advanced RFI users the ability to create an RFI from the Sheet Viewer on Web using the link tool.
-Adding the ability to assign default Submittal manager in settings.
-New capability in the Photo Gallery allows users to sort and filter photos by any exposable meta data, including who added it, the taken on date, added-on date, and title
-Support for 360 degree photo viewing
-Released RFI API
-Submittals API now available for use with Autodesk Construction Cloud Connect
-The PlanGrid Advanced RFI workflow now allows you to return an RFI to the previous state.
-New customization options added to photo reports
-Media thumbnails make it easier to identity photos, 360 photos and videos in the photo gallery
-New APIs available for Custom Forms and Field Reports
-Updates to Revit Plug-in
- New Custom Form questions: new with this release is the ability to require a question before the Field Report is submitted. We have also added two additional question types, which allows the user in the field to quickly respond to a question by selecting answers from a drop-down menu or by choosing a date on a calendar.
- Introducing Root Cause: curate a list of root causes that impact the project. When project team members create a new task, they can now choose from a drop-down list of root causes to categorize issue types. From the Task Log, you can then filter all the tasks by a specific Root Cause and create a Task Report to gain knowledge about which factors impact the project the most.
- New Custom Form templates: whether you’re completing Daily Reports, Incident Reports, or Safety Checklists, PlanGrid has new custom forms to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Filter Field Reports by Template type: Use template type to filter the list of Field Reports and templates to easily find what you need. If the template type is not automatically added, simply choose from a drop-down list of options when creating a new Custom Form. Once added, the template type remains editable at any time.
- Updates to Custom Forms: when creating a Custom Form template, use the Copy button to copy questions. This new feature will save you time and reduce duplicate entry.
- Introducing Videos: take, upload and share videos to add context to markups, Field Reports, tasks, and RFIs.
- New updates to the PlanGrid Photo Gallery give you the ability to take numerous actions at once, including uploading multiple photos from an external device and bulk selecting photos to create a consolidated photo report.
- Other PlanGrid photo enhancements include marking up existing photos in the Photo Gallery and the addition of more photo details such as who took the photo, date and timestamp and location.
- Custom report capabilities available for Advanced RFIs.
- Introducing Custom Forms: fill out custom forms like for Daily Reports, Job Safety Hazard Analysis, and Inspection Checklists, but better built for the mobile experience.
- Introducing Project Hub: an update to the Home screen to provide a unified project experience. Keep a pulse on your project by seeing all of the activity across the team, and who is on the most current set. Also includes the ability to quickly add or view sheets and stay informed about the weather.
- PDF Calculations on Field Reports
- Users can select multiple Field Reports and archive them all at once
- Task report improvements for web. New report options include adding photos or comments, determining how many tasks belong on a page, and additional fields such as assignees/watchers, cost/schedule impact, and due dates.
- Introducing Documents to Sheets. Now, files that were uploaded as documents can be easily published to the project team. This allows users to take full advantage of PlanGrid’s sheet publishing flow whether the sheets were uploaded through the Home, Sheets or Documents tab in the PlanGrid web app.
- Task Sheet Association. Now any task can be added to, removed from, or moved between sheets. Whether a user is importing a spreadsheet of punch list items from the architect and placing them on specific sheets for subcontractors to complete, finding issues as they complete a Field Report, or mapping planned work items to specific locations on sheets, PlanGrid Tasks Sheet Association provides complete flexibility on how all tasks are created, managed, and tracked.
- New smart fields for Field Report PDFs. In addition to the existing fields, PlanGrid now automatically fills in the fields for project code, project address, user role, and phone number.
- Field Report Submission emails. There is a new automatic email option available for those who want to stay up-to-date on the latest submissions, and reference information as soon as its available. When enabled, users will receive an email with information such as project name, submitter, and report date, and a link to view the full report as soon as a field report is submitted.
- New First Time Submittals User Experience: provides a new onboarding flow to make it easier to get started on Submittals.
- Improvements to Advanced RFIs: 1) sends emails to watchers to notify them that an RFI is in progress. The watcher may be a project member or external user (i.e. no need for PG license because email has attached PDF). 2) The ability to distribute RFIs to external users.
- Introducing Advanced RFIs: close the loop between the field and office to resolve RFIs faster. Create RFIs on your mobile device as soon as issues are discovered on the jobsite, get responses to RFIs from project team members via email, and distribute RFI answers to the field in only a few seconds.
- Improvements to PDF Markups for Submittals: 1) the ability to create a custom stamp within PlanGrid, which will autofill key information such as your name, the date and the submittal status, 2) the ability to view and edit document outlines and 3) the ability to create bookmarks to find pages within the submittal document faster.
- Introducing Web Sheet Compare: your favorite feature on mobile has now been brought to the web. Overlay different versions of the same sheet (or two unrelated sheets) to pinpoint changes, identify constructibility issues and plan for the least amount of interruption.
- Improvements to weather on Field Reports: all Field Reports with weather now show three times in the day: 7 am, 12 pm and 4 pm.
- Refactoring improvements
- Introducing BIM: access model properties from anywhere, in 2D or 3D.
- Introducing PDF Markups for Submittals: mark up a PDF right in PlanGrid using lines, shapes and callouts.
- Introducing Tasks on a Field Report: reference tasks in Field Reports to enhance QA/QC work, inspections and walkthroughs.
- Admin Console updates to better manage users/projects: view users's projects, user profile page, session expiration, archive projects and automatically remove users from all project orgs.
- Ability to upload a profile picture from the Account Settings page.
- Introducing Import Tasks from a Spreadsheet: import a schedule to create hundreds of tasks all at once, saving time and manual entry.
- Add a start date to a Task
- Introducing Groups for Submittals: assign a group to a Submittal and anyone within that group can respond, which prevents bottlenecks and gets submittals to the field faster.
- Update to Field Reports Export: Export an Excel spreadsheet, which now contains the total number of work hours and workers, aggregated per crew, plus materials and equipment information.
- Introducing the new Web Sheet Viewer: a fully immersive experience with more screen real estate for your viewing experience. PlanGrid's rendering engine now allows for a 30x increase in zoom, which allows you get a clearer look at any aspect of your sheet. Functionality has also been moved into drawers on the sidebar and it's easier to select from overlapping markups.
- Introducing two new additions to PlanGrid's API: Task creation and Field Reports. The new Create Task in a Project endpoint will allow you to create a sheet-less task in a specified project. The new Retrieve Field Reports in a Project endpoint will let you retrieve data from native and custom field reports, including the submitted PDF from a custom field report. Field Report references are also provided, including photos, documents and snapshots.
- Introducing Parallel Reviews for Submittals: easily send submittal packages to multiple people to review simultaneously.
- New shortcut button ("New Report") on the Field Reports main menu, which means less clicks to fill out a new report on PlanWeb.
- Localization updates: date and time displayed matches locale.
- Assign submittals to non-project members: without being added to the project, subcontractors, vendors, and designers can submit or review submittals all through email. Because external partners do not have to be added to the project itself, private information including sheets, annotations, and documents can be kept confidential.
- Improvements to PDF Editing for Field Reports: now custom PDF forms will be in edit mode by default whenever you create a new draft or open an existing draft report.
- Introducing Field Report References: adds two new reference types to Field Reports, which are Documents and Snapshots. This creates a better integration with other features within PlanGrid.
- 'Review response' labels for Submittals: When a submittal gets published, you can see if it's been ‘approved’, ‘approved as noted’, or be a number of other custom statuses that fit your workflow.
- Filter by custom statuses for Submittals: Whether you have 100 or 1,000 submittal items, use Filters to narrow down the list of submittals to just what you need. Filter by spec section, status, approvers, reviewers, created by dates, due dates, and submittal number.
- New sample project.
- Users will now be redirected to their originally desired page after logging in.
- Introducing Groups: Project teams can now be organized into custom groups to help streamline communications and workflows.
- PSPDFKit Improvements for Field Reports: adds support for signature fields and auto text size on the Field Reports PDF web editor. As PlanGrid supports more properties of custom PDF forms, this helps to provide a better user experience on web.
- Ability to batch delete issues.
- Introducing Copy for Field Reports: gives users the ability to copy a field report on Web, including draft or submitted reports. Bonus: the Work Log now also includes the total number of workers and total hours performed.
- Introducing Bulk Add Watching for Submittals: This feature is similar to adding a team member to the carbon-copy (CC) list on an email - we allow users to bulk add more than one watcher. Users can also pre-populate the submittal register template spreadsheet with pre-defined watchers.
- Introducing Multiple Assignees & Watchers: you use PlanGrid Issues to manage punchlists, QA/QC lists, assign tasks to team members and more. Now two people can be assigned to a single issue to ensure that responsibility is shared as needed. Additionally, you can keep additional stakeholders up to date by adding "watchers". This means they can view issues and receive notifications when changes are made to them.
- Introducing Folders for Field Reports: organize Field Report templates into folders and subfolders.
- For Submittals: design reviewers can now assign submittals to another reviewer from the submittals landing page (without having to first log into PlanGrid).
- For Submittals: filter submittal items and packages by spec section, status, approvers, reviewers, created by dates, due dates, and submittal number.
- Introducing Multiple Assignees & Watchers: Project teams can now assign up to two users to any stamp and add additional team members to ‘watch’ the stamp for updates. This gives projects the flexibility to manage the resolution of work and assign responsibility in a way that meets their needs, while ensuring clear accountability on issues/tasks that require work from more than one person.
- Introducing Weather v2 for Field Reports: PlanGrid now updates the weather more often and includes the 'last updated' time on Field Report Drafts. Rather than precipitation probability, we show the precipitation amount in inches or centimeters. Additional updates include the humidity measurement (%) and internationalization of weather, including support for celsius and metric based on locale. Together, these updates help improve the accuracy and confidence given to the weather report on our Field Reports.
- Introducing Bulk Editing Report Settings for Field Reports: gives report managers the ability to edit multiple reports types at once including: archiving report types, updating permissions across multiple report types, updating other settings across multiple reports types (like reminders).
- New! GPS for Photos: collect and display useful geolocation information for photos added to PlanGrid. To start, we will be collecting latitude and longitude coordinates and displaying photos within the context of a map.
- Introducing Watching for Submittals: allows you to keep any individual, including subcontractors, designers, and other team members, informed about the progress of a submittal by adding them to a new ‘Watching’ field. Gives secondary individuals ‘view only’ access to submittal documents.
People who have been added as a recipient do not require a PlanGrid account.
- Field Report PDF forms can now be filled out and annotated online.
- New! Submittals: PlanGrid Submittals enables submittals to progress from you, the subcontractor and the architect with just a click of a button, allowing you to notify individuals while keeping the submittals process moving. From the Submittals dashboard, you can see at a glance which items are upcoming or overdue. As soon as a submittal is approved, it is immediately accessible in the PlanGrid mobile app.
- New! Automatic Submittal Log: Upload your spec book and PlanGrid will automatically extract the specs to create a downloadable spreadsheet containing all of the project’s submittal register items. PlanGrid’s Automatic Submittal Log includes everything you need — all relevant product data, shop drawings, and closeouts — to assign submittal register items to subcontractors and accelerate the submittals process.
- New publishing flow enabled for all slip-in projects.
- New! Now built for mobile devices, Daily Reports allow you to accurately log work and activities throughout the day, as they occur. Daily Report templates can be created on the web. You can select if you want to automatically include the weather, keep a workflow and enter notes to ensure that the most relevant information is captured. This provides customization of Daily Reports without needing to upload a PDF template.
- New! Workspaces: split up the projects based on how your team works, such as by phase, area, or trade. This provides a separate place for your team to access the people and information most relevant to the job, while also remaining connected to the main project
- Updates to the Login and Signup pages
- New! Document versioning: upload new versions of an existing document on web and all links will automatically update to link to that document
- Company logos on PlanGrid reports
- Issue dashboard filtering: filter charts by issue list
- Support more document types for attachments
- Field reports references and exports
- Copy changes
- Field reports beta
- Sorting attachments log
- Updating "Room" to "Location" for issues
- Additional colors
- Attachments redesign
- Additional issue fields (due date, cost, schedule delay)
- Hyperlink labeling
- Sheets log redesign
- Autotagging sheets
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
- Issues dashboard and project profiles
- Filter by archived issues
- Batch sheet renaming
- Issues log redesign