It' easy to start a new project with PlanGrid. To create your new project and to upload sheets, you will need to be logged into the PlanGrid website at www.plangrid.com
Creating a new project
To create a new project, be sure you’re logged in to PlanGrid. From your project list, click on “New Project.”
A pop-up will appear, asking you for a project name, status, and address. Fill in these fields and then click “Create Project”
You’ll also be asked to select “Create as an organization project” or “Create as a personal project.”
- Select “Create as an organization project” if your company has an Admin Console established and you would like your organization’s admins to have full rights to the project.
- Select “Create as a personal project” if your company doesn’t have an Admin Consoleenabled or you want to maintain full administrative rights over the project.
Once your project has been created, you’ll be taken to the home page, where you can get started.
Add sheets to your project
Sheets are drawings that you upload to your project in PlanGrid. Uploading sheets is easy, and PlanGrid will automatically detect Sheet numbers to help you keep everything in order.
To get started, make sure you’re logged in to plangrid.com and open up your project.
- Navigate to the homepage of your project and click “Add sheets"
- Select the issuance date and add a version set name or choose an existing version set, then click “Next"
3. Upload PDF files from your computer or from a cloud storage system and click “next”
It can take a couple of minutes to process your sheets, but you’ll receive an email once they’re done.
Review sheet numbers
PlanGrid automatically labels your sheets based on the numbering in your original documents. However, it’s best to review the numbering to ensure that everything is accurate.
PlanGrid will show a thumbnail image of the sheet, along with the sheet number scanned from your original PDF. Check that the numbering in the Sheet Number column matches the numbering on your original files.
If everything is correct, click “Sheet Numbers Are Correct” at the bottom of the page. If you need to fix any of the sheet numbers or rotate sheets, see Making Changes to Sheet Numbers.
Add sheet titles and tags
The next step is to add sheet titles.
- Select the sheets with titles you’d like to edit using the checkboxes on the left-hand side of the table
- Choose “Edit Titles,” which appears once you’ve selected at least one sheet
- Select "Remove characters," "Add characters," or "Find and replace"
- Follow the prompts and verify your changes in the “Preview changes” table
Then you can add or edit tags.
- Select the sheets whose tags you’d like to edit using the checkboxes on the left-hand side of the table
- Click “Edit tags,” which appears once you’ve selected at least one sheet
- Add the tags that apply and click “Update Tags.”
Publish to projects
After making sure your sheets have been uploaded with the correct numbers, titles, and tags, you can click “Publish to Project.” Or click on the “More” button for the option to delete sheets or save and exit the project.
If you leave the Publish stage at any time, you can navigate back to the sheets to publish them by going to the sheets page and selecting “Publish Log” on the top right.
Upload sheet revisions to an existing project
To upload sheet revisions, select the project that you’d like to add revisions to and then enter the “Sheets” tab.
- Click “Upload Sheets”
- Select “New Version Set”, select an issuance date, then type in a new version set name
- Upload your sheets from your computer or the cloud
- Review your sheet numbers
- Add sheet titles and tags
- Click “Publish to Project”
- Troubleshooting FAQ
- Account Settings: Viewing and Managing Account Details
- Downloading Projects to My Android Device
- Downloading Projects to My iPad or iPhone
- Deleting a Project Permanently for All Users