Sharing My Project with Other Users
In order to share your project with other PlanGrid users, you'll need to add those individuals to your project team. With PlanGrid, all changes made to the publish set - published markups, RFI postings, and new drawing revisions- will sync automatically to all of the team members working on that project. Team members must be added through at plangrid.com and the iOS app, and can only be invited by a project Admin. More on permission levels below.
Adding team members on the website:
1.Login at www.plangrid.com and click on the project you want to share.
2. Click into the Team Icon.
3. Click "Add Team Member".
4. Enter the email address of the user you want to add, choose their permission level, and click "Invite as..".
Adding collaborators on the iOS app:
1. Open the project you want to share
2. Tap on the file cabinet icon, and tap on “Team"
3. You will see a list of all the team members on the project. Tap on "Invite" to add a new collaborator.
4. Type the collaborator's email address, and then tap "OK". Note: All team members added on the iOS app will be added as Collaborators. If you need to change their permission level, you can do so at www.plangrid.com
5. To view your team member's information, simply tap on their name on the list:
Please Note: Only one user can be invited at a time. To add several users from other, existing projects, use the import tool below to import those users from other project teams.
If you add a user to the project team and see a green "Invited" under their email, it means they do not currently have a PlanGrid account with the email used to add them to the project team. Your invite will send them an email and prompt them to create an account, or they can sign up here.
Importing Team Members from Other Projects
If you need to add several team members to your projects at once, use our Import Tool to avoid adding each one individually every time. Simply add them manually to one project team, and then import them into the next project team in groups.
1. Open the project that you need to share with users, click on the Team icon, and then click "Import".
2. Select the project to import from, check the box next to the team members you would like to import, and then click "Import". To import all of the users on that project team, choose "Select All".
Understanding PlanGrid's Permission Levels
There are three user permission levels within PlanGrid: Admins, Power Collaborators, and Collaborators. All team members can view and download all the sheets in a project, view published markups, create personal markups, and access and view all PlanGrid RFIs. All users, regardless of permission level, will also always have access to all of the Progress Photos and Issues by logging into the project on the website.
Permission levels are specific to each project, and will help you give access to your users while maintaining total control over the published set.
Here is more information about what the power that each permission level has within the project:
• Admins: Have full rights and powers within the project. Can upload and delete sheets and • attachments, can manage the project team.
• Power Collaborators: Mid-range. Can share notes with the team, but cannot upload or delete drawings, project attachments, or team members.
• Collaborators: Read-only. Can view all sheets, attachments, and published markups. Cannot share notes with the team, add or delete sheets or attachments, or edit the project team.
Managing User Permission Levels
1. Open the project on the website, and click into the Team tab.
2. Find the user whose permission level you would like to change, and click the gear icon in the lower right corner of their name card.
3. Next, choose the new permission level you would like for that user, and click "Update Permissions”.
Removing Users From Your Project Team
1. Open the project, and click into the Team Tab.
2. Click the trashcan icon in the lower right hand corner of the team member's name card to remove them from the project team.