What Device Do I Need To Get Started?
PlanGrid for Windows works great on any laptops, desktop computers, and tablets (including Surface) that are running Windows 7 or later (not compatible with Windows RT devices or Windows phones). We won't bombard you with specification or RAM requirements - if your device is running Windows 7 or later, it can handle PlanGrid. Click here to see our storage recommendations for use with PlanGrid.
Downloading the PlanGrid for Windows Desktop App
1. Click here to download the Windows app to your computer.
2. When prompted, click "Run".
Please note: Installation of the desktop app on your computer requires Administrator privileges. If your computer or tablet is managed by your company's IT, you may be blocked from installing the app. If you do not have administrator rights on the computer or tablet, please contact your IT department to have the PlanGrid Windows Desktop app installed on your computer.
3. Once downloaded, you will need to create a shortcut to PlanGrid on your desktop.
Updating the App to the Latest Version
1. In order to install the latest version of PlanGrid for Windows, log out of the app and exit PlanGrid completely by going to File > Exit.
2. Click here to download the latest version of the app.
3. Run the PlanGridSetup.exe file that downloads, follow the prompts, and accept our terms and conditions to continue.
4. PlanGrid will ask you to uninstall the current version of the app, click OK. This will not jeopardize any of your work.
5. PlanGrid will then launch the setup process.
6. Once set up is complete click Launch, and log in as usual using your PlanGrid credentials.
Logging Out of the Desktop App
1. To log out, click on “Account Info” in the upper right corner, and then click "Log Out".
2. Logging out of the desktop app is optional. The app will not automatically log you out when it is closed, only when you choose to log out manually. If you do not log out between sessions, the next time you open the app it will take you directly to your project list view. If your project has been updated, you will see an “Update” yellow badge on the project title, just like the red update badge on the iOS and Android Mobile apps.
Help! My Windows App is giving me a sync error!
If you are encountering a sync error on your PlanGrid for Windows app, you will have three options:
1. Discard the changes that are causing the error. This will erase any changes made to the project that are causing this error.
2. Contact our support team for more troubleshooting assistance.
3. Selecting "Keep" will keep the errorred markup in your project. This is only recommended if you've reached out to Support for help and are waiting for assistance. Keeping these markups while you continue working will prevent any following changes from syncing as well, so it isn't recommended.
Please note: Logging out deletes all pending sync items. If you have markups waiting to sync when you choose to log out, you will receive a warning message.
For more information on sync errors and how to resolve them, please go here.