Now you can link your already existing or new projects to your Organizations.
Transferring existing projects to an Organization
Organization Admins and Project Admins can transfer existing projects to an Organization via the website.
- From the project settings page, Project Admins that are part of an Organization (i.e. have a license paid for by that Organization) and Organization Admins that are members of the project will see an option to transfer the project to an organization.
- Select the Organization you’d like to transfer the project to, and click Transfer Project
Note: Project Admins will see only one option for an Organization(the Organization that pays for their license), while Organization Admins will see any of the Organizations for which they are an admin. This option will not be available to any other project team members.
Organization Admins can link a project to their Organization, regardless or their permission level on it, but what they can do in the rest of the project will depend on their permission level (for example, an Organization Admin that is a Collaborator on a project, can link the project to their Organization, but won't be able to upload sheets to it).
- Once a project is transferred to an Organization, all project team members will be able to see that the project is managed by it.
Editing Organization-linked projects settings
As an Organization Admin, you will now be able to edit the settings on a project.
- To view your Organization's projects, go to the Projects tab in the Admin Console:
2. Click on the project name you would like to view, then click on "Settings"
3. The view will be similar to the Project Settings page when accessing the project as a team member. To change the project's information, click on "Edit Info"
4. A side panel will open. Type the new information, and click on "Save Changes"
From this page, you can remove the project from the Organization, so it goes back to be managed to the original Project Admin. You can also delete the project permanently for all team members:
Note: Organization-linked projects can only be deleted by organization admins, not by project admins. The "Delete this project" option no longer shows up on the project settings page for project admins. Organization admins can also delete projects on the project settings page in the PlanGrid website.
Managing your project team for Organization linked projects
Now you can also add team members to your Organization Linked Projects from the Admin Console!
1. On the Organization Projects page, click on the project where you would like to manage your team.
2. The team page will open by default. To add team members, click on "Add team members"
3. Enter the email addresses associated with your team member's PlanGrid accounts, separated by commas. Select their permission level, and click on "Add team members"
4. To remove team members, check the box next to their name, and click on "Remove from Project"
Please note: Your team members' permission levels cannot be edited after they are added. To change their permission level, remove them from the project, and add them again with the correct team level.
Creating Organization Linked Projects
If you are part of an Organization (i.e. your license is being paid for by an Organization) you can choose your new project to be Organization-linked or personal.
The Organization that the project will be linked to will be the one that is paying for your license.
If you are also an Admin Console admin, you admin will be able to choose any of the Organizations for which you are an admin.