You can download all of your field report data from PlanGrid as a spreadsheet (CSV file). The exported spreadsheet will include all structured data from the fillable fields that have been entered in your project's field reports.
You can use this spreadsheet to import your data into other systems: e.g. project management software, accounting systems, dash-boarding tools, etc.
- What does it mean that the CSV will include all structured data?
- How to export a spreadsheet (CSV) with all structured data
What does it mean that the spreadsheet will include all structured data?
Each "smart" PDF has structured data in the form of fillable fields (text fields, drop-downs, check boxes, etc.) and each of those fields has a name and corresponding value.
Figure #1: Structured data in a single report
Figured #2: Multiple reports with structured data
Figure #3: Example exported spreadsheet of multiple reports
How to export a spreadsheet (CSV) with all structured data
1. Start by viewing the applicable list of reports. You can view all reports or filter by a specific report type. For example, Daily Reports.
2. You can export all reports in the list, or use the search and filter options to filter the list by report date range, creator, or status.
3. Click the 'CSV spreadsheet' option and then click 'Generate.'
4. Finally, click 'Download' to save the CSV file to your computer.