We understand that managing your sheet count is crucial. In an effort to maximize your subscription, we have a few different recommendations to help you manage your sheet limit effectively.
I'm Over My Sheet Limit
• From the Over Sheet Limit Screen
• Removing Projects from the Team Page
• Removing Projects from the Project Settings Page
Removing Sheets From My Project
• Delete Sheets from the Sheets Icon
• Delete Sheets from Sheet View
I Am Over My Sheet Limit
"Why am I seeing an 'You're over your sheet limit' warning when I log into my account?"
In a nutshell: you have more sheets in your account than your current subscription allows. All sheets available in your account will count against your total sheet limit. That includes sheets that you have uploaded as well as sheets that have been shared with you by another user.
"What can I do to regain access to my account?"
If you are over your sheet limit, you will be prevented from accessing your account both on the mobile app and the website until you either get back under your sheet limit or upgrade to a higher sheet count subscription. To get back under your sheet limit, you will want to leave any projects that you are not actively working on (instructions below).
For full instructions on upgrading your account, go here.
Please note: Upgrading and managing your sheet limit can only be done through the account at plangrid.com. It is not possible to upgrade, remove sheets, or leave project teams via the mobile app.
Leaving Project Teams
To free up sheet space you can remove yourself from any projects that you are no longer working on or that have been completed. Using this option will completely remove the project from your account, meaning you will no longer have access, and the project's blueprints will no longer count against your sheet limit.
This option will leave the project open and active for the remaining users on the project team. Should you need access to this project again, an administrator must add you back to the project team.
To learn more about permanently deleting a project for all users, go here.
Leaving Projects from the "Over Sheet Limit" Screen
If you are actively blocked from accessing your account and do not want to upgrade, you will need to remove any unnecessary projects from your account. To do so, log in to your account at plangrid.com and simply choose "Leave Project" on the right handside from the blocking screen you see when you log in.
View to remove projects if you are on a web based subscription:
View to remove projects if you are on a organisational based subscription:
Removing Yourself from a Project on the Team Page:
We recommend removing yourself from project teams as soon as the project is finished. This allows you to be added to new project teams without being locked out of the app or website. Removing yourself from project teams using the options below is only possible while still within your sheet limit. If you are currently over your sheet limit and need to remove projects from your account, please see the instructions above.
1. Click on the project you want to remove from your account.
2. Click on the Team icon and find your name badge.
3. Click on the checkbox to the left of their name, followed by the "Remove From Project" button. Removing your name from the project will remove the project from your account completely.
Removing Yourself from a Project Via the Project's Settings:
1. Open the Settings Icon.
2. Click "Remove Project from my Account."
3. Type "LEAVE" in the designated box, and click the red "Leave" button to confirm.
You can also permanently delete a project from your account....But Beware! This option permanently deletes this project for all users on the project team, and you will have no way to restore this project. You can learn more about permanently deleting a project here.
Removing Sheets from My Project
If there are sheets you no longer need, simply delete them from your project. Deleting sheets will free up storage space, but it will also remove them from the project for all users on the project team.
Please note: Only Admins can delete sheets from the project. To learn more about our permission levels, go here.
Deleting Sheets from the Sheets Icon:
1. Select the project, then click on the Sheets icon. List view of your sheets will be by default. Deleting multiple sheets can only be done in list view of the sheets icon.
2. Once in List View, search or filter by tag or version using the filter tools to the right to narrow down sheets if needed, then select the sheet(s) you want to delete.
Note: When you delete a sheet with multiple versions, only the most recent version of the sheet will be deleted. If you want to delete the whole stack, refresh the page and keep deleting each version one by one until there there are none left. You can find out more about deleting a version here.
3. Click the delete option which appears when at least one sheet is selected.
4. Type the number of sheets you are deleting, and confirm to delete the sheets.
Deleting the Sheets from Sheet View:
1. Click to open the sheet.
2. Click "Delete Sheet."
3. Type the sheet number and confirm that you would like to delete that sheet.