Use PlanGrid Organizations to manage and provision all of your user accounts. Below, instructions for accessing and accepting licenses, and for managing your company's Admin Console.
If your username is designated as an Admin Console Admin, please use enterprise.plangrid.com to log in and manage your Organization.
I am a Console Admin
• Adding Console Administrators
• Adding and Provisioning Users
• Managing User Licenses and Removing Users
• Single Sign On (SSO) Control
• Viewing Available Licenses
• Purchasing Licenses
• Upgrading Licenses
• Switching Between Organizations
• Archiving Projects
• Activity Log - Viewing Admin Console Activity History
• Troubleshooting FAQ
PlanGrid's Admin Console (www.enterprise.plangrid.com) allows you to manage your organization's users and licenses from one convenient location. Upgrade and manage user accounts, transfer licenses as needed, and view your available licenses from your organizations Console.
For any questions or concerns regarding managing your organization's Admin Console, please contact our Customer Support team at email@example.com
Organization Administrators have the ability to manage organization licenses within the console. This includes adding users, changing and removing user licenses, and adding and removing other admins. In order to be added as an organization admin, the individual does not need to have an existing PlanGrid account.
To add Admins:
1. Log in to PlanGrid's Admin Console with your PlanGrid credentials.
2. Open the preferred Organization. (If you have access to more than one organization, you will see those listed here.)
3. Click on the Admins icon along the left side.
4. Click "Add Administrators" in the upper right corner and enter the user's email addresses. You can enter multiple email addresses for multiple users at once, separated by commas.
5. To remove an organization admin, click the 3 vertical dot menu button associated with the user's name, and then click "Remove".
You can add users to your Admin Console in order to assign and manage their licenses. Users do not need an existing PlanGrid account in order to be added to your organization or assigned a license. New users will be prompted to create an account through the invitation.
To Add Users:
1. From the preferred organization, open the Users Page.
2. Click "Add Users" in the upper-left. You can invite active PlanGrid users, as well as those who do not yet have active PlanGrid accounts.
3. Type in the intended email addresses and press enter, or paste comma-separated values. From there, you can proceed below the field to choose the license type. Lastly, click on "Add Users" when finished.
Please note: When adding multiple users at once, all users will be given the same subscription level. You can edit the individual levels later using the instructions below.
4. You will see a pop up confirming the invitations were sent.
1. In the organization, open the Users page.
2. Scroll or search to find the user you want to edit.
3. Click on the box to the left of the user(s) that you would like to edit.
4. Choose “Edit” and navigate to the right side of the screen. You can change their license, add notes, expire their session, or send a password reset link.
Once you are finished, click on "Save" on the bottom right.
If you would like to remove a user, a separate "Remove" button is located at the top in red. Once a user has been removed from the organization, their name will no longer appear in the Users list. Their account will be downgraded and the license assigned to them will be available to assign to a new user.
If your Organization has acquired our SSO capability, you will see an option at the top right to Enable or Disable certain user's sign in method.
To do this, please check mark the user(s), and hit "Edit" at the top right. The right hand panel will give you an option to either Enable or Disable that user's sign in method.
If you do not have SSO activated and would like to know more about the feature, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat in at www.plangrid.com
To view your available licenses, log into the console and open the Users page. On the right side you will see a list of your assigned licenses out of the number of total purchased licenses (as, 4 of 10, for example) and the common licensing end date.
If you ran out of a specific type of license, you can always purchase more. Please note: To be able to purchase more licenses than the ones that are currently available in your organization's console (have already been purchased and are not yet assigned to a user), you will need to sign a form. To have license purchasing enabled on your organization, please contact your regional account representative or call us at (415) 963-4088.
NOTE: You will not be billed every time you purchase a new license; you will receive a monthly invoice for all purchases made that month.
To purchase new licenses:
1. Under your licenses usage, click on "Add Licenses".
2. Add the number of licenses you would like to purchase for each plan. You can type the numbers, or use the "+" and "-" signs to increase or decrease that number.
3. Confirm your purchase. You can also add in an optional billing code that will be included on the invoice.
If you are looking to upgrade a current user's license, and there are no available higher limit licenses in the console, you can purchase an upgrade that will change their license to the one intended. You will then receive an invoice that includes this prorated charge.
1. In the user list, find the user that you want to upgrade, and check the box to the left of their name, and then hit 'edit' at the top.
2. From there, you'll see a drop down on the right hand side to select the license preferred. Note that it will acknowledge that it is an upgrade that is required. From there, hit 'save' at the very bottom.
3. The next page will show the prorated details about both licenses changing, as you can then hit 'Upgrade' once you are done reading through.
4. Lastly, you should see the confirmation page with the completed details. After clicking done, you should see in your console that the prior license was removed, and the user should be on the higher license.
If you have more than one organization in your personal Console account, you will see those listed on the console homepage.
1. To open a specific organization, simply click the organization name.
2. To quickly jump between organizations, click the menu 'Organizations' in the upper left corner to open a list of your organizations. Click the organization name to open, or click "View Organization List" to return to your main console page.
As an Admin in your Admin Console, you are able to archive any project that is connected to your Organization. Please note that this will remove all users in the project, and it will be removed from your Admin Console's project list.
1. Click on the Projects tab
2. Fill the check box of the project(s) that you would like to archive
3. Click on the Archive button at the top. This will show a prompt that will need your last confirmation before archiving.
4. To un-archive a project, please find the "Archived Projects" button at the very bottom of the same Projects tab. Select the project, and hit "Restore" at the top.
As an Administrator in the Admin Console (Organization), you are able to view an Activity Log that will display events that have taken place within the last 30 days.
Note: If you have just transferred a Personal Project to the Admin Console/Organization, the history of that project will not be shown. History can only be tracked for projects that have been connected to the Admin Console.
You will be able to see events such as when a user account was created in PlanGrid, licenses that were assigned or upgraded, projects that the user was assigned to, and more.
1. To access the Activity Log, click on the Reports tab in your Admin Console. Followed by the Activity Log tab to the right.
2. Upon seeing the Activity Log, the most recent events will be listed at the top. This will show the Date, Event, Description of the Event, and the User email who performed the action.
3. To filter Activity History, click the "Filters" button on the top right. This will let you filter by Users, Projects, Events, Date Range, and Created By
If done in the last 30 days, the following actions will be shown in the Activity Log of your Admin Console:
- User invited to Organization
- User joined Organization
- User removed from Organization
- User added to Project
- User removed from Project
- User’s session expired
- License added to Organization
- License assigned to User
- License upgraded for User
- Project archived / restored
- Project permanently deleted
- Project removed from Org
- Org Admin added to Admin Console
- Org Admin removed from Admin Console
Q: What do I need to use the Admin Console?
A: You will need an existing PlanGrid account, which you can do so here.
Q: Are there any system or browser requirements for using the Admin Console?
A: In order to get the best performance from your organization's Console you will want to use one of our recommended browsers. Those are: the most recent versions of Chrome and Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11. For assistance updating your browser, please contact your IT department.
Q: Can I invite and assign licenses to users that do not yet have an active PlanGrid account?
A: Yes! To do so, simply follow the steps to invite the user(s) to your organization and enter their email address(es). This must be a valid email address. Once the user is invited they must accept the license. To accept the license, the user can click the link provided in the invite email, or (simply log into plangrid.com (or create) their PlanGrid account and then confirm the license when prompted.
Q: I invited a user to my organization but they cannot find the invitation.
A: When a user is invited to join your organization they will be sent an email invitation. If the user has not received an invitation via email, double check that the email address used to invite them is valid, free of spelling and punctuation errors. If the email address is confirmed as correct, the user should check their spam or junk folders in their email inbox. You can resend the email invitation from the organization's Users page by clicking the button with 3 vertical dots and then choosing "Resend Invitation". Please remember that the email invitation is not necessary to access the license. To access the license without the email, the user can simply sign in or sign up on our website with the email addressed that was used to invite them.
Q: Why can I not add a user that already has a paid subscription to my console?
A: User accounts can only have one paid subscription at any given time. If a user is already on a paid subscription, whether invoiced to your company or paid with a credit card through the website, they cannot be assigned another license through the Admin Console. If you feel this user's license should be managed by your organization through the Console, please contact your regional account representative or call us directly at (415) 963-4088.
Q: It says "Not Enough Available Licenses". How do I get more?
A: If you don't have license purchasing enabled, you can have it enabled by speaking with your regional account representative directly or by calling us at (415) 963-4088.
Q: How do I get a list of all of the users in the organization?
A: If you require a list of all of the users in your organization, you can go to the top of the page and select "Export CSV". This will provide you with a list of names and information which you can transfer into an excel spreadsheet.