Use PlanGrid Organizations to manage and provision all of your user accounts. Below, instructions for accessing and accepting licenses, and for managing your company's Admin Console.
I am an Invited User
• I’ve been Invited to Join an Organization
• Activating My License
• Leaving the Organization
I am a Console Admin
• Adding Console Administrators
• Adding and Provisioning Users
• Managing User Licenses and Removing Users
• Viewing Available Licenses
• Purchasing Licenses
• Upgrading Licenses
• Switching Between Organizations
• Archiving Projects
• Troubleshooting FAQ
If you've received an email asking you to join an organization (same email as above), this means that a company would like to provide you with a paid subscription license. However, by furnishing your account with a license the organization assumes the right to manage your subscription level moving forward. This will allow the organization to upgrade you to a higher sheet limit, downgrade your account to a lower sheet limit, or remove your license altogether.
Please note: This will not affect your permission levels on individual projects. However, your sheet limit will affect your ability to access your account. If at anytime you go over your sheet limit, please contact the Organization's admin to request an upgrade. For more information on maximizing your sheet limit, go here.
Once you have received the email invitation, you can go ahead and log in or sign up to confirm that license. You can use the link provided in the email, or simply log in or create your account to get started. Please note that invitations can only be accepted via the PlanGrid website (www.PlanGrid.com).
1. To accept the paid license, click the link in the email invitation or log in here.
2. If the account that has been invited to the organization is already active in PlanGrid, go ahead and log in on plangrid.com with the same password you use to access your account. If you do not currently have an active PlanGrid account, create your account using the same email that was used to invite you on plangrid.com.
3. Once you have logged in or created your account, you will be asked to accept or decline the license. By accepting the license you give the organization the right to manage your subscription level.
4. Once accepted, you will see a confirmation message in your projects list.
Joining an Organization is entirely optional. However, to leave an organization, you will need to ask your organization admin to remove you from it.
Please be aware: When you are removed from an organization you will forfeit the provided license and your account will immediately be downgraded. To regain access, you can upgrade to a higher sheet limit through the website.
Q: Can I manage my own license once added to the organization?
A: No. The license you are accepting belongs to the organization that has invited you. If you are over your sheet limit, or need to make any changes to your license, contact your organization's administrator.
Q: I was told the organization was sending me a license but I have not received an email.
A: Be sure to check your junk and spam folders. If you are still not finding the invitation, ask your organization's administrator to resend the email invitation. Please remember, you do not need the email to access the license. Simply log in or sign up on plangrid.com with the exact same email used to invite you and accept the invitation.
Q: I logged in but I am not seeing the license.
A: Be sure the organization's administrator used your correct email address to add you to their organization. In order to access the license you must be logged into the exact same account that the organization has provisioned. If the administrator has invited an incorrect email, they can delete the invitation and invite your correct email address.
Q: I am over my sheet limit. How do I upgrade?
A: Your subscription and sheet limit can only be managed through the organization by an organization administrator. If you have gone over your sheet limit you can remove yourself from projects you no longer need access to, or contact your organization's admin and request an upgrade.
PlanGrid's Admin Console (www.enterprise.plangrid.com) allows you to manage your organization's users and licenses from one convenient location. Upgrade and manage user accounts, transfer licenses as needed, and view your available licenses from your organizations Console.
For any questions or concerns regarding managing your organization's Admin Console, please contact our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization Administrators have the ability to manage organization licenses within the console. This includes adding users, changing and removing user licenses, and adding and removing other admins. In order to be added as an organization admin, the individual does not need to have an existing PlanGrid account.
To add Admins:
1. Log in to PlanGrid's Admin Console with your PlanGrid credentials.
2. Open the preferred Organization. (If you have access to more than one organization, you will see those listed here.)
3. Click on the Admins icon along the left side.
4. Click "Add Administrators" in the upper right corner and enter the user's email addresses. You can enter multiple email addresses for multiple users at once, separated by commas.
5. To remove an organization admin, click the 3 vertical dot menu button associated with the user's name, and then click "Remove".
You can add users to your Admin Console in order to assign and manage their licenses. Users do not need an existing PlanGrid account in order to be added to your organization or assigned a license. New users will be prompted to create an account through the invitation.
To Add Users:
1. From the preferred organization, open the Users Page.
2. Click "Add Users" in the upper-left. You can invite active PlanGrid users, as well as those who do not yet have active PlanGrid accounts.
3. Type in the intended email addresses and press enter, or paste comma-separated values. From there, you can proceed below the field to choose the license type. Lastly, click on "Add Users" when finished.
Please note: When adding multiple users at once, all users will be given the same subscription level. You can edit the individual levels later using the instructions below.
4. You will see a pop up confirming the invitations were sent.
1. In the organization, open the Users page.
2. Scroll or search to find the user you want to edit.
3. Click on the box to the left of the user(s) that you would like to edit.
4. Choose “Edit” and navigate to the right side of the screen. You can change their license, add notes, expire their session (if using SSO), or send a password reset link.
Once you are finished, click on "Save" on the bottom right.
If you would like to remove a user, a separate "Remove" button is located at the top in red. Once a user has been removed from the organization, their name will no longer appear in the Users list. Their account will be downgraded and the license assigned to them will be available to assign to a new user.
To view your available licenses, log into the console and open the Users page. On the right side you will see a list of your assigned licenses out of the number of total purchased licenses (as, 4 of 10, for example) and the common licensing end date.
If you ran out of a specific type of license, you can always purchase more. Please note: To be able to purchase more licenses than the ones that are currently available in your organization's console (have already been purchased and are not yet assigned to a user), you will need to sign a form. To have license purchasing enabled on your organization, please contact your regional account representative or call us at (415) 963-4088.
NOTE: You will not be billed every time you purchase a new license; you will receive a monthly invoice for all purchases made that month.
To purchase new licenses:
1. Under your licenses usage, click on "Add Licenses".
2. Add the number of licenses you would like to purchase for each plan. You can type the numbers, or use the "+" and "-" signs to increase or decrease that number.
3. Confirm your purchase. You can also add in an optional billing code that will be included on the invoice.
If you are looking to upgrade a current user's license, and there are no available higher limit licenses in the console, you can purchase an upgrade that will change their license to the one intended. You will then receive an invoice that includes this prorated charge.
1. In the user list, find the user that you want to upgrade, and check the box to the left of their name, and then hit 'edit' at the top.
2. From there, you'll see a drop down on the right hand side to select the license preferred. Note that it will acknowledge that it is an upgrade that is required. From there, hit 'save' at the very bottom.
3. The next page will show the prorated details about both licenses changing, as you can then hit 'Upgrade' once you are done reading through.
4. Lastly, you should see the confirmation page with the completed details. After clicking done, you should see in your console that the prior license was removed, and the user should be on the higher license.
If you have more than one organization in your personal Console account, you will see those listed on the console homepage.
1. To open a specific organization, simply click the organization name.
2. To quickly jump between organizations, click the menu 'Organizations' in the upper left corner to open a list of your organizations. Click the organization name to open, or click "View Organization List" to return to your main console page.
As an Admin in your Admin Console, you are able to archive any project that is connected to your Organization. Please note that this will remove all users in the project, and it will be removed from your Admin Console's project list.
1. Click on the Projects tab
2. Fill the check box of the project(s) that you would like to archive
3. Click on the Archive button at the top. This will show a prompt that will need your last confirmation before archiving.
4. To un-archive a project, please find the "Archived Projects" button at the very bottom of the same Projects tab. Select the project, and hit "Restore" at the top.
Q: What do I need to use the Admin Console?
A: You will need an existing PlanGrid account, which you can do so here.
Q: Are there any system or browser requirements for using the Admin Console?
A: In order to get the best performance from your organization's Console you will want to use one of our recommended browsers. Those are: the most recent versions of Chrome and Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11. For assistance updating your browser, please contact your IT department.
Q: Can I invite and assign licenses to users that do not yet have an active PlanGrid account?
A: Yes! To do so, simply follow the steps to invite the user(s) to your organization and enter their email address(es). This must be a valid email address. Once the user is invited they must accept the license. To accept the license, the user can click the link provided in the invite email, or (simply log into plangrid.com (or create) their PlanGrid account and then confirm the license when prompted.
Q: I invited a user to my organization but they cannot find the invitation.
A: When a user is invited to join your organization they will be sent an email invitation. If the user has not received an invitation via email, double check that the email address used to invite them is valid, free of spelling and punctuation errors. If the email address is confirmed as correct, the user should check their spam or junk folders in their email inbox. You can resend the email invitation from the organization's Users page by clicking the button with 3 vertical dots and then choosing "Resend Invitation". Please remember that the email invitation is not necessary to access the license. To access the license without the email, the user can simply sign in or sign up on our website with the email addressed that was used to invite them.
Q: Why can I not add a user that already has a paid subscription to my console?
A: User accounts can only have one paid subscription at any given time. If a user is already on a paid subscription, whether invoiced to your company or paid with a credit card through the website, they cannot be assigned another license through the Admin Console. If you feel this user's license should be managed by your organization through the Console, please contact your regional account representative or call us directly at (415) 963-4088.
Q: It says "Not Enough Available Licenses". How do I get more?
A: If you don't have license purchasing enabled, you can have it enabled by speaking with your regional account representative directly or by calling us at (415) 963-4088.
Q: How do I get a list of all of the users in the organization?
A: If you require a list of all of the users in your organization, you can go to the top of the page and select "Export CSV". This will provide you with a list of names and information which you can transfer into an excel spreadsheet.