Downloading Projects to My iPad or iPhone
Downloading Projects to My Android Tablet or Phone
Canceling a Download in Progress
Updating and Refreshing My Project
Viewing PlanGrid Offline in the Field
Removing Projects from the Mobile Device
After you've uploaded and published sheets at plangrid.com, you will then download the project to your mobile device. Downloading the project is necessary in order to access and mark up your sheets offline in the field.
For general downloading tips, please go here.
We understand that storage space on your iPad or iPhone is important to you. And to help you make the most of it we are offering the option to download only the project information that you need. All of your sheets, photos and snapshots will always be safe in the cloud, but now you can choose to download just the most current set to your device, with the option to download the other materials at any time.
1. To get started, open the PlanGrid app on your iPad or iPhone to the main projects screen. To access the download options, tap the project title.
2. A box will open. To download the entire project, tap “Download”. To view your download options, and download select project information, tap “Options”. If you choose to download the entire project now, you can easily remove select project information from the device later through your Storage Management menu (below).
3. Select the project information you want to download now. Anything that is not downloaded now can easily be downloaded later.
4. Once you’ve made your selections, tap “Start Download”.
Note: You can download project documents and snapshots without having to download any sheets. However, in order to download photos you must download at least the Current Set.
5. Any sheets that were not included in your download can be downloaded anytime your device is on a wifi or cellular connection by simply tapping "Download".
6. Once your project is on the device, you can return to the main projects screen to download any project information that is not already on the device. To do so, tap the user menu in the upper right corner, and choose "Storage Management".
7. Next, tap the project you would like to manage. If you have several projects downloaded to your device, you will see them all listed here. To remove all of your projects from the device, tap "Remove all Projects from this Device".
8. From this menu you can download information which has not yet been downloaded, or remove information currently on the device.
•To download previously skipped information, tap the green arrow. To download everything not yet downloaded, choose "Download all sheets and references".
• To remove downloaded project information, tap "Edit" then tap the red circle on the left side of the group, and choose "Delete". To remove all project information from the device, tap "Remove all project data from this device".
9. To perform a refresh on your project, you can either tap the circular arrows in the bottom right hand corner, or choose to tap the gear icon and tap "Force Refresh".
1. Look for the project name under Projects in the Cloud.
2. Tap on the name of the project.
3. The project will automatically start downloading. Check the status of your download by looking at the blueprint icon to the left of the project name (spinning means it's still downloading). You can also tap the project name during download to view the sheets as they are downloaded.
1. Open the sync log on your iOS device by tapping the cloud icon in the lower right corner.
2. Next, tap "Cancel All", which will cancel all of the downloading items. This will in no way effect any items that are currently uploading to the cloud from your device, only items waiting to download.
3. Or, simply tap the gear icon associated with your downloading project, and tap "Remove from Device”.
1. Long press on the project name in the project list. Hold your finger on the project for about five seconds.
2. In the menu that appears, select "Remove" to delete the project. This will delete all the project information from the tablet and cancel any pending downloads. This does not delete the project itself or remove any of the project data.
Refreshing and updating your project allows you to receive updates from the team, including newly published sheets and markups that have been published to the project. If you're not seeing the most current set or mark ups shared by another team member, follow the steps below to update your project.
Note: Publishing markups to the project is required for any user, even an admin, to see an markup made by another user. Issue stamps not published to the project can only be seen by the assigner and the assignee.
If you are not seeing new project documents, such as sheets and documents that were recently uploaded, and a normal refresh does not work, follow the instructions here to perform a forced refresh on the project.
To update your iPad:
1. When you log in to your projects screen, you'll see a red badge if changes have been made to your project that are ready to be downloaded. If you are currently viewing a sheet, simply tap "Sheet" and then "Project" in the upper left hand corner to return to the main projects page.
2. When you tap on your project, you'll see an abstract of changes that have been made to your project since the last update.
3. You can update your project with changes by tapping the 'Update' button. If you want to open your project without waiting for changes to sync, tap Skip -- your changes will sync the next time you choose to update your project.
4. You may need to refresh the app to receive updates if you've had the app open while you're working. To do so, return to the projects page, and tap the circular arrows icon in the lower right corner.
To update your Android:
1. Tap your device's back button until you reach your list of projects. Projects that have updates available will be shown with a red badge.
2. You'll see an abstract of changes that have been made to your project since the last update. Tap "Update Project" to download the updates, or "Skip" to open the project without updating.
3. You may need to refresh the app to receive updates if you've had the app open while you're working. To do so, return to the projects page, and tap the circular arrows icon in the upper right corner.
You do not need Wi-Fi or a cellular connection to view drawings that are already downloaded to your tablet. However, to download projects to the device, or to update your plans with changes, you will need either Wi-Fi or a 3G/4G connection to download them to your device. Any markups made while offline will automatically sync to the cloud when a connection is regained.
To Use PlanGrid Offline:
1. Make sure your project is downloaded onto your device. Projects listed as "On Device" will be available without Wi-Fi. Projects under "In The Cloud" will not be.
For information on downloading projects to your iOS device, go here.
For Android, see the instructions here.
2. You will need an internet connection to check for and download any updates to projects that are currently on your device. Click on the 'Refresh' icon in the lower right hand corner of the 'Projects' screen to check for new drawings.
On Android, the refresh button is in the upper right corner of the screen.
On your mobile device, use the settings of the device to see connectivity and storage availability. For more information on managing storage space on your mobile device, go here.
When you are finished working on a project, or if you are not currently using a project and are concerned about storage space on your device, you can remove the project from the device to free up space. This will send the project back into the cloud, where it will remain for easy re-download.
1. To remove a project from your iPad or iPhone, go to the main projects page of the app, and tap the gear icon associated with the project.
2. Tap "Remove from Device" to delete the project from the iPad or iPhone. This will not affect the project itself in anyway.
1. To delete a project from your Android tablet or phone, open the app to the main projects page and simply press on the project name.
2. When you lift your finger a box will appear, tap "Yes" to remove the project from the device.