Every Task you place through PlanGrid is automatically synced back to the cloud for easy reference from your project’s Tasks Log at www.plangrid.com. We automatically record the user who created the stamp, the date it was placed on a sheet, who it's assigned to, and any photos that have been added to the stamp. Task stamps can be added via our mobile apps or the website, either to a sheet or from the tasks log.
Viewing Tasks - Mobile vs Web
• On the web
• Sheetless Tasks
• On a Sheet
• On the Mobile Apps
• Sheetless Tasks
• On a Sheet
• On the Sheet from the Web
• On the Sheet on your Device
• From the Task log on Web
• From the Task Log on Your Device
• Understanding Task Statuses
• Color Coding Task Stamps
• Copying Task Stamps
Viewing Tasks- Mobile vs. Web
You are able to view Tasks on all of our platforms (Website, Android, iOS, and our Windows App).
The Task icon, as shown above, will appear in all platforms to click into. This will bring you to the Task log on that platform.
Please note that the mobile platforms, Android, iOS, and our Windows App, will only show Published Tasks, as well as Tasks that are relevant to you.
If someone else has created the Task, it will only show up in your mobile task log if it is:
1. Created by you
2. Assigned to you (from being created from another Team Member)
If you need more help, please click the blue “?” In the lower left and type your question to see solutions and contact support if needed.
On the web
1. Open your project on plangrid.com, and go to the Tasks tab, followed by clicking the Tasks Sub-Tab, as shown below.
2. Click on "Create Task"
3. Fill all necessary fields, and click on "Create Task"
On a sheet
Open a sheet, click the Task icon in the markup toolbar, and choose a stamp from the menu that appears. Click your plan where you want to place the stamp, and fill in the details and add a photo if needed. Click "done" once you finish.
Via your mobile device
1. Open your project, go to the tasks log. Click on "New Task"
2. Tap into any of the fields to begin editing and add any necessary info/photos. Your information will be automatically saved.
On a sheet
1. Tap the task icon on the markup toolbar, and choose the appropriate stamp.
iOS Android Windows
2. Choose the appropriate stamp, and place the stamp on the sheet by tapping on the preferred location of any part of the sheet.
3. Tap into any of the fields to begin editing and add any necessary info/photos. Your information will be automatically saved.
iOS Android Windows
4. To add a picture, tap "Add photo". You can take pictures with your device's camera, or upload from your camera roll or photo gallery. To add additional photos, simply click on the existing photo and use your camera to take a picture, or choose one from the gallery or camera roll.
iOS Android Windows
Security Note: If you are not an Administrator or Power Collaborator on a project, you will only have full control over the issue stamp items you created. If you are unable to edit some fields of an issue stamp, it is because your account permission level is set as a Collaborator on the project (limited access) and you did not create the issue.
On a Sheet from the Web
To edit a single stamp on a sheet, click the task stamp and you will see a pop-out box with all the task's fields you can edit. You can edit the title, status, type, assignees, watchers, location, start/due dates, stamp, list, root cause, description, as well as add photos/videos and comments. To add comments, be sure to hit your "enter" or "return" key on the web. Once you are finished with all changes, click "save" at the bottom.
You can also choose to delete, archive, or publish/unpublish a task in this box.
Editing on the Sheet on the Mobile App:
1. To edit any of your tasks on the mobile app, tap the stamp on the sheet to open the detail view again. On Android, tap the stamp, and then choose the 'pencil' icon at the bottom of the screen to edit.
2. Tap into any of the fields to begin editing.
3. To add a picture, tap "Add" to add a photo from your camera roll. If you want to take a new photo with your device, you can click that "Camera" button. Please see below for the Android detail.
4. To edit the stamp title or 2 character code, open the Task details, and then tap on Stamp field to change it. The screenshots below will show you where to also edit the title of the Task, if need be.
Editing From the Task Log on Web:
1. Click on the Tasks icon to access the Tasks Log, and then click the "Tasks" Sub-Tab.
2. Select the item(s) you wish to edit. From there, the pane will automatically open on the right hand side, no need to click 'edit' at the top for this.
3. From here, you may edit any of those fields, followed by hitting “Save Changes”.
To access the full sheet with the task detail, click “View Task on Sheet”. This will lead you to the sheet with the Task Details on the right hand side.
You can also access the general page that the Task is linked to by clicking the sheet number towards the end of the task row.
Editing From the Task Log on the Mobile Device
1. First, open the project on your device, and tap the bottom Tasks icon from the grid view of sheets (to view all stamps in the project), or while viewing a single sheet (to see only stamps on that sheet).
2. From the tasks log, tap the task you wish to edit. You can use the search options to bring up specific items.
3. Next, tap into a field to begin editing. To leave comments, tap "Comments" on iOS, or the speech bubble icon in the upper right corner on Android. To view the tasks history, tap "History" on iOS near the bottom, on Android, click the "History" button near the bottom of the editing area.
Understanding and Viewing Task Statuses
When the status of your stamp changes, its appearance on your sheet and in the Tasks Log will change to help you keep track of progress.
Statuses (clockwise, from the top left)
- Open (solid border)
- In Review (hashed border)
- Pending (hashed border and strikethrough)
- Closed (solid border and strikethrough)
Color Coding Task Stamps
Color coding your task stamps is a great way to simply and visually locate tasks, assign them, and communicate with your team. And the best thing is, it's totally customizable! Develop your own color coding system and work smarter, not harder.
1. As with all markups, to choose a color, just tap on the color palette tool to select among eight different colors.
2. Place your stamp as usual using the check icon; it will appear in the color you selected. To change the color of an existing task stamp, tap on the top right arrow of the toolbar, and then choose the stamp you want to edit, and then click the color palette to change the color. (On iOS, tap the stamp to select, then choose "Move" before selecting the new color.)
The task stamps remain color coded in all views of the application.
You are able to copy a Task on our mobile platforms. This will copy over all fields entered, as well as the photos. Upon clicking on a single Task, a Copy button should appear for you to tap on.
On Android, the copy button will appear at the bottom as a "copy" image, shown below.
Tap on any desired area to paste. You will see an option to simply "Paste" or "Paste in Place" - Pasting in place will drop it in the same position on the sheet, as it was in it's last sheet. If you have photos included in Tasks, please be sure to see the notes added below this section.
Copying Multiple Tasks
To copy Multiple Tasks, please click on the "Multi-Select" tool at the top of the toolbar, shaped as a finger.
For Android, the toolbar will be at the bottom, with the same "Multi-Select" tool.
From there, keep your finger placed down and drag through the intended tasks, and hit "Copy"
Photos with Copied Tasks:
• You now have the option on all mobile platforms to include or exclude the photos, when copying.
• When copying Tasks on iOS to a different projects, photos are currently excluded. If you'd like to keep photos when copying to another project, please use either Windows or Android.