Send contributors a daily reminder email if they haven't submitted their reports.
Report managers can enable daily reminder emails on a per report type basis. When the daily reminder is enabled on a report, PlanGrid will send a reminder email (at 3:00PM Pacific Time) to all assignees who have NOT submitted a report for the day. Please note: updates to the team's email notification settings must be made by each individual team member from within their own account and cannot be set by an administrator. If you have enabled daily reminder emails and your team is not receiving them, please direct them to their personal Account Settings to enable emails.
- Set up daily reminders for a new report template
- Enable daily reminders on an existing report template
- Manage your Field Report email preferences
Set up daily reminders on a new report template:
1. Navigate to the Field Reports section, then "templates" on the website. Click the green "create new" option and choose to "create a new template." You can see how to build a template within PlanGrid here.
Note: Only Admins and power collaborators have permission to create new report templates. Project collaborators cannot create new report templates or edit existing templates.
2. By default, the daily reminder option will be checked for the report. If you want to disable the daily reminder email, open the new template to edit it and uncheck the box.
Enable daily reminders on an existing report template:
1. Open the Field Reports tab on the web, and navigate to the "templates." Choose the template you would like to enable/disable the daily submission reminder for.
2. Double click on the template name or check the box next to the name and click "edit" across the top to open up the edit drawer on the right. Scroll down to the bottom of the edit drawer and check or uncheck the box for daily reminders. In order for your team to get these emails, this box needs to be checked AND the individual needs to have the box for reminder emails checked in their own account settings.
Figure #1: Daily Reminder Sample Email
Manage your Field Report email preferences
You can manage your personal email preferences and turn on/off Field Report emails under 'Account Settings'.
1. Log in to your PlanGrid account online at https://app.plangrid.com/. Click on your username, in the upper right corner, then click on "Account Settings."
2. To receive notification emails for field reports, make sure the box is checked for the type of Field Report notifications you wish to receive. Any boxes unchecked will result in no email for that notification type. To receive daily reminder emails, both the box in your account settings and the box in the template must be checked.