|⚠️ Note: This feature is only available on the website and in the iOS app|
- What are Field Reports?
- Set up a report type
- Fill out a report
What are Field Reports?
Our Field Reports offer your team a way to securely complete, submit, and review any report from within PlanGrid. It is a flexible report management system that allows your team to use your existing forms while streamlining the report completion process to be more convenient, efficient, and manageable.
Set up a report
To start working with Field Reports, you will first need to upload your template PDF form to our website. Don't have a PDF template? Learn how to convert your files to PDF.
To upload your report template:
- Click on the clipboard icon in the navigation bar to go to 'Field Reports'
- Click on "New Report Type." Note: project collaborators cannot create new report types.
- Choose one of our default templates from the list or 'Upload Your Own' PDF. Then, fill in the report name.
- Give your team members the access that they need for the report, then click on "Create Report Type." Learn more about Field Reports permissions.
Fill out a report
Filling out your reports is easiest in our iOS app. Don't have an iPad or iPhone? Learn how to fill out reports on the web.
- In Grid View, tap on the filing cabinet icon and select "Field Reports".
- To start a new draft, tap on the thumbnail of the report template you want to use. If you want to continue to edit a draft you have already started, tap the title of the report in the list to view your drafts, then select the draft you would like to modify. You can also create a new report from the list.
- Fill out the form. You can tap on a field to interact with it. If you do not have fields in your form, you can tap the edit icon in the lower right-hand corner to access the annotation toolbar. You can add text or mark up your form with the pen or highlighter tools. Tap "Save" when you are finished.
- The next view allows the date of the report to be changed. You can also add a brief description or attach photos to your report. Tap the "Edit" button to reopen the form at any time.
- Tap "Submit" when you are ready to submit your report. You will not be able to make changes after submission. Submitted reports cannot be deleted or discarded.