"On the PlanGrid app, my field report displays correctly, but when I export my report, text that I entered is missing. What seems to be happening?"
For a reminder on how general Field Report exports work, feel free to visit our guide here.
How to TROUBLESHOOT the issue:
- Open the PDF template in a PDF editor (ex: Adobe Pro, Bluebeam, etc.)
- Check all form field properties to verify:
- General > Common Properties > Form Field = "Visible"
- If Form Field = "Visible, but doesn't print," your PDF export will not display any text or data that was previously filled in.
- If your form field are configured correctly (visible), but you are still experiencing issues with our export, click the blue “?” In the lower left and type your question to see solutions and contact support if needed.
How to FIX the issue:
- Open the problematic PDF template in your PDF editor (ex: Adobe Pro, Bluebeam, etc)
- Update all form field properties to be "Visible"
- 'Save' a copy of your updated template.
- Login to www.plangrid.com and open your project
- Navigate to Field Reports and select the template (checkbox) you want to update
- Click 'Edit' to edit the template settings
- Then, click 'Edit' PDF Form and upload the new template
- Click 'Save' to apply your changes