When you upload your project to PlanGrid, we automatically link your detail callouts to the associated sheets. To see more about automatically linked callouts, go here. You can also add your own custom hyperlinks to sheets and documents, too! These hyperlinks will be functional on exported as-builts.
Creating Hyperlinks on the Web
1. Select the 'Sheets' icon, and open the sheet from grid view by clicking the thumbnail...
... Or click on a sheet to open a sheet from list view.
2. Once in the sheet viewer, click the Link icon in the markup toolbar.
3. Choose your shape (cloud, circle or square). Please note, you can change the color of the hyperlink by clicking the colored circle in the markup toolbar.
4. Draw the link over a callout, or anywhere on the sheet by clicking and dragging. Please note, you can cancel this action anytime placing the link on the sheet by clicking 'Cancel' next to the link icon.
5. Choose the sheet, document, or RFI to which you want to link and add a description.
6. Click the outline box to set an outline for the link shape. Click "Done" to keep the markup a personal one, or click "Publish to Project" to share the hyperlink with your entire project team.
Creating Hyperlinks on Mobile Devices
To Create a Hyperlink to a Document, Sheet or RFI:
1. Tap the hyperlink tool (Link Icon).
2. Select the shape (circle, cloud, or square).
3. Draw the shape on your area of interest. These work the same for drawing a regular rectangle, circle, or cloud. When you release your finger to set the shape, a menu will appear.
4. Select the sheet, document, or RFI to create a hyperlink.
5. Notice the "Label" field. Anytime you create a hyperlink, PlanGrid will give you the option to include a hyperlink label, giving your project better visual communication for linked documents.
- When you create a hyperlink, the label field is pre-populated depending on what document is chosen. And this label will be visible for your entire team when you publish to the project.
- You can edit the pre-populated label, or delete it.
For hyperlink labels on the Windows app, please go here.
Editing and Managing Hyperlinks on Your Mobile Device
- On the iPad or iPhone:
Tap the hyperlink, and then tap the "Edit" in the upper right corner, or "Jump to..." to open the linked document.
Within the "Edit" option tap "Link to" to change the document which is linked. Tap "Copy" to copy the link to paste in another area of the sheet or project, "Move" to change the size and location of the link, "Publish to Project" to share the link with your team, edit or remove the "Label" if needed, and "Remove Link" to delete the hyperlink altogether. When you're finished, tap "Done".
- On the Android app:
- Tap the link to open the detail box.
- Tap the "Edit" (Pen) icon to change the document which is linked to and edit/remove the hyperlink label
- Use "Copy" to copy the link to paste in another area of the sheet or project
- Tapping the trashcan "Remove" to delete the hyperlink altogether
- Select the double sheets icon to create a new Layer
- Select the crown icon to Publish to Project which will share the link with the project team
To edit the size or location, simply tap the markup and use your fingers to expand or compress the shape, or drag it around the sheet.
Clicking on Hyperlink Edit
Hyperlinks are created when a sheet is linked to another sheet or document. If one of those is missing from the project, the link may appear as "broken".
When you create the hyperlink, you link sheet A with sheet or document B. If B gets deleted from the project, the hyperlink will no longer be functional. The physical markup that you see on sheet A will remain, but because B no longer exists in the project, the link will no longer take you there, and will appear “broken”.
To fix a broken hyperlink, click the edit button and then choose another sheet or document to complete the link.